Monday, July 18, 2016

B-Day Photos... I HAVE A CAKE!!!

Hello everybody!

The importance of going to church.... It´s really important!!!! People don't really seem to get that around here, but that is what we are working on. (With a lot of Patience and a lot of Love) We are going to be working on getting people to church.

This week we had some good stuff happen, me and my companion are getting to know each other more and learning how to teach together. The Lord has helped me a lot this week, trying to figure out where to go and who to visit. 

Monday we had an awesome lesson with an investigator called Laura Junka, and for the first time her husband was there too!! They are an awesome family!! And they are married!! It's so perfect!!! We had been teaching the sister Laura for a while and finally her husband was there for the lesson. They both accepted a baptismal date for the 13th of August. But they just need to attend church!! They didn't attend this last Sunday, and that is going to be our focus with all of our investigators.

Thursday was my birthday!!! And, in the morning we had our meeting with President Baquerizo! It was really powerful, we learned a ton about how we can work with the members, which is something we need a whole lot here. We ate pizza and stuff and it was cool that I got to talk to President. 

Friday we met a new investigator who was a reference from the Perez Family, his name is Ender. He came all the way here to Colombia from Venezuela, and is trying to get work and new life here in Bogota. He was super prepared and in the first lesson also accepted a baptismal date for the 13th of August! He told us how he knows the Book of Mormon is true because two young guys like us wouldn't leave our families and our lives in our countries to come here and preach something that isn't true. Finally somebody gets it!!! He also said how he felt that God had sent us there to talk to him at this time, he had the goal to be baptized before about seven times. I know that he came here so that he could finally find the truth which is the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Sunday, nobody showed up to church!! It was a little bit of a struggle bus for me to realize that no-one had come and was feeling pretty down about it. But I remembered a verse in D&C 121:7-9 that helped me out a lot. "My son peace be unto thy soul..." Was pretty much what I needed to hear.

I give my testimony that this work is true. I know it with all my heart, and soul. I love being a servant of the Lord, and I see the blessings of that service each and every day.

Love you all,

Elder Kendall









Me, my companion Elder Salazar, Elder Amaya and Elder Valeriano

No comments:

Post a Comment