Monday, December 5, 2016

Get Them to Church!!!



Hey everyone! How's the cold? Is it cold? 

Things were a little hard for us this week, one of those where you have lots of set appointments that fall through when you don’t want them to. But we still had some good things happen as well, and are preparing all people for the "Noche Blanca" that we are planning to have the 22nd of December.

On Saturday we found a guy that is named Hernan. We had contacted him the first week I was here but never found him in his house. But we went by again and got to talk to him and teach him for the first time. He has gone through a ton, and recently his wife left him and took all his kids with her. He had lots of drinking problems, but now that his wife left and everything happened he told us he needed to look for God. We talked about repentance, and invited him to be baptized, and he accepted. He wants to do a lot of good things and I hope he accepts the gospel so that he can make those changes!

Unfortunately, nobody attended church this week, which was a bit of a bummer, there are quite a few people that we are teaching that could progress, they just have to get to church!!! I'm not sure why Hernan didn’t come, he told us that he had a big desire and that surely he would come. But that happens in the life of a missionary, so I hope we can talk to everyone this week and get them to church!! That is what we need. 

This week we are going to be in Bogota from Tuesday to Friday to celebrate Christmas, and the coolest thing is that the Whole mission is going to be there!! For the Christmas dinner here we are all going to be together as a mission. It is going to be fantastic!!!! 

With Christmas coming I want to testify of the Savior. I know that He lives. I think the thing that I have really learned more about in my mission is the importance of the Savior of the world, and how we could not do anything if it were not for Him. I have reflected much about what my Savior has done for me, and now I understand for the first time in my life what things like the Sacrament really means.

I love the Savior. I am amazed that even though I continually make the same mistakes, He has never abandoned me to destruction, but has always, always, offered me the chance to repent and to obtain Eternal life with my family and my Eternal Father.

I invite everyone this Christmas season to pray and give thanks to God for the most wonderful gift in the whole world that we have been given: The Savior, even Jesus Christ the Lord. 

Love,

Elder Kendall


AMAZON RIVER PHOTOS!!!











COPOAZU!! This fruit is the bomb! It tastes like sour type gum type stuff!





No comments:

Post a Comment