Monday, January 18, 2016

Time Is Flying, just like me on my bike

HELLO PEOPLE IN AMERICA!!! Is it still cold over there?
 
This week went really fast, time just keeps speeding up! I'm working on adjusting to the heat, yesterday when we left the chapel, it was 45 degrees Celsius, I'm not sure how hot that is in Fahrenheit, but I know it's a lot. I get home pretty pooped each day but just cause we`re workin hard. 
 
Our branch is really big actually, there is only one branch in all of Girardot, and it has about 200 members more or less. There are a lot of good families, and I'm glad to be here. We also have 8 missionaries that attend this one branch, so that is interesting. 
 
My new companion is Elder Justiniano, and he is from Bolivia also. We are learning how to teach together, we both have about the same time in the mission. I have 4 months and he has 4 and a half months. He has served all his time here in the same area in Girardot, so he knows the area pretty well. 
 
We're working a lot with contacting, we have almost no investigators right now. It is a lot different contacting on a bike and also the houses are different here than in Bogota. We also have some parts of our area we can't go in, and some that we have to leave at night. But we have been working hard looking for those people who are waiting for our message. 
 
A cool thing happened yesterday: After lunch Sunday, it was super super hot and I hadn't slept at all the night before because my stomach was giving me trouble. So I was pretty darn tired already and was a little reluctant to leave. I also new that we were going strait out to contact people, because we didn't have anyone to visit at this time. While we were getting ready to leave, I was thinking about how I wasn't super excited to go out and contact. But then a thought popped into my head "Nah man, Satan is just trying to put you down because he knows that there is someone waiting for you guys to leave and talk to them, because he knows that he is going to find messengers of God and Satan doesn't want that for this person." I knew that it was true, and that it was the Holy Ghost helping me realize that there were people waiting to talk to us, even if they didn't know it. So we got to work. As we were going around, like a lot of the people around in this area, didn't want anything or to listen to our message. We weren't sure where to go to contact, and I was pretty much just following my companion around just trying to keep up, because I knew that someone would want to listen. After contacting for a couple hours, we went into a part of town that I hadn't ever been in. And as we were going a long we talked to a guy who was watching his grandson run around and playing with a dog. We were able to have a conversation with him and we learned that his first son drowned in the river by their house when he was a child. We felt a lot of love for this man and testified to him about how he could be with his son again, and he agreed to learn more. We gave him the Plan of Salvation pamplet, which he said he would read. We are going to visit him and his family this week to share this wonderful plan with them. 
 
I have a testimony that there is always someone waiting to hear the Gospel, and that if we just go out and do our best to be worthy to be in the right place at the right time, we will find them. 
I believe that Satan knew that we would find this man, and that is why he was pushing me so hard to not go out, to give in to my weaknesses. But we kept going, and found someone who was touched by the Gospel. I hope that we are able to teach him more. 
 
I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!!!!!! 
 
I am extremely sad to hear about the boy Ethan, I feel along with all you back home and will pray for his family. 
 
I hope you guys keep smiling out there, and I want you to do something for me, watch an episode of the Office called "Code Level Midnight," and think of me while watching, it's one of my all time favorites. I believe it's in the 4th or 5th season or somewhere around there.
 
I LOVE YOUR FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Elder Kendall
 

Where's Elder Kendall?? :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment