Monday, August 22, 2016

Another 6 weeks here in CasaBlanca....

This week was pretty cool with Elder Salazar. We tried to teach a lot and found some cool people! Also Transfers happened!!! 

So, I guess I´ll start off with the big news.. and I'm going to be staying in Casablanca!! My companion Elder Salazar, after only one transfer, left for another area! Also, my district changed a lot. They took the sisters out of Roma and put Elders there, so now it's just a bunch of us guys again. 

My new companion is Elder Ross, and he is from Washington!! The first time I've had a companion from the states, so that should be pretty cool. He´s got a little more than a year in the mission.

This week was pretty cool! Monday we found an awesome family, they are called the Nupia family. The mom is a less active member, and has three kids who haven't been baptized yet. Kelly is 14, Paola is 11, and Santiago is 9. When we visited with them the mom, whose name is Maria, wanted to come back to church. When we invited the three kids to be baptized, they all said yes and that they were excited to learn more about the church and Jesus Christ. They are awesome!!!! We have another appointment with them today. 

Sunday we had the Family Mendieta attend, they are really good too, and close to baptism, the only problem is the father. He is kinda super atheist. But, he goes to church, reads the Book of Mormon, and prayes sometimes with us, so I think that they should be baptized in the next few weeks. 

Lots of craziness with the transfers, I thought I would be leaving, but im super grateful for another opportunity to stay in CasaBlanca! This place is awesome, I love it. We have some good people who just need a few more steps. 

One of the scriptures I was studying this week was Alma chapter 22:15. The willingness of the Father of Lamoni to give everything he had, which was a lot, really inspires me. Its that kind of willingness we need to have to follow Christ, because really, none of the stuff here is going to matter. 

I love the gospel!! I'm excited to be here doing the work of the Lord.

Love 

Elder Kendall
 
 
Me and my new companion Elder Ross (and yes... the coke bottle is still locking our door...)

My district before transfers

My good friend Elder Parraga finished his mission this week

Brother Luis Alfonzo Acosta Acosta!!!  The coolest guy ever!!!


My companion Elder Salazar before he left

No comments:

Post a Comment