Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Obedience is how to live a happy life

Howdy hey everyone!! I'm glad to hear that the Stallions are keepin it up in Football and beat Grantsville, I just gotta say that! 

This week there were some pretty cool stuff that happened.  One of them is that I got to do the baptism interviews of two people in Bosa this week, which are always really cool. The two people were ready for baptism and got baptized and confirmed! 

Also, today for p-day we played soccer against another zone and also President Baquerizo!! So that was really fun. President really knows how to get goals. I didn't do too shabby myself playing too, it was a lot of fun. 

I don't like where all the time is going! I'm already going to have one year in the mission this week, and I remember entering the MTC here in Colombia like it was yesterday. I feel like I have changed a lot, and not only in my Spanish.

Monday: We got to teach the Nupia family!! They are super cool, the mom and the three kids came to church last week. The night of the lesson, the sister Edith's (the mom) daughter, who is a little older than the others, Juliana, was there. The mom told us how in Church she had prayed a lot for her daughter to come back home, because a while ago she left the house and started living with a dude, and wasn't heading on the best path. But, her daughter came back, and the mom's prayer was answered! We taught the restoration and how it was a blessing to their whole family and how if they are obedient they can become an eternal family! It was super cool.

Then, not a whole lot happened the rest of the week until Saturday. Friday, we had a district meeting and tried to have a bunch of appointments but they all fell. We haven't been able to find very many new investigators this week. 

Saturday was really cool. We had a Zone Conference, and in the morning before the conference we had to go run and get the keys to the church. While we were running to the bishop's house, two different people stopped us, one on a bus and one on the street, and told us that they wanted us to pass by and teach them! Blessings!! 

Sunday, only Kelly and Juliana, two of the kids of the Nupia family could come to church, but they loved it. Oh yeah, also Ninfa came to church!!!! We fasted and prayed so that she would come to church atleast to listen to the testimonies, because she has been really worried about changing churches and going to the church, and she came!!! She could only stay for the one hour, but I know that that was an answer to my companion's and I fasting and prayer. She is going to get baptized, she just needs a little bit more time.

The most important thing I think I have learned in this last year is this: Obedience

I actually realized its really simple. Some of my favorite verses from the Book of Mormon is Mosiah 2:22-24 and 41. All that God asks us to do is keep his commandments. Whether that's paying our tithing or simply listening to good music, if we are obedient, we will recieve the promised blessings ALWAYS! God has told us, you just need to be obedient, and I will make you happy ALWAYS! If we arent obedient, we simply miss out on the blessings that God desires so greatly to give us. 

It is like what Jesus says to the guy that asks him "What is the great commandment in the law" He replies "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, might, mind, and strength." Because if we "Love [God], keep [His] commandments."

My favorite part is the feeling that I get when we are teaching someone and God gives me the opportunity to feel the spirit in such abundance that I am encompased about by His love that He has for His children. There is absolutly nothing like it. 

The hardest part might be between eating the food and the food that I have to eat. Just Kidding!! The hardest part I think is when you see someone and you know that they are feeling the spirit and that they know what your saying is true and they just turn away from it. It's pretty heartbreaking when people just don't want to listen to the truth and see all the blessings that they can recieve. 

I can't believe where the time is going! It is just unbelievable, but I'm trying to live it up to my fullest. 

Love you guys, like a whole lot,

Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment