Monday, November 14, 2016

An end in CasaBlanca, and a New beggining in Leticia!



Okay I got big news to share for transfers, it has been kinda crazy. We worked hard in CasaBlanca this week and we found lots of cool people who seem to want to progress in the Gospel. Unfortunately we had only 3 of the 9 investigators that we were expecting that showed up to church. Right in the last 20 minutes of church at about 12:40pm, my Dad Elder Espinola (an assistant to the President) called me. 

I thought uh oh the transfers since we weren’t supposed to get them until that night, and sure enough Elder Espinola told me he had a surprise for me...

I was going to Leticia!!! Leticia is the part of the mission where there are 4 missionaries and it’s in the middle of the Amazon Jungle! I couldn’t believe it, it was super mind blowing. The only way to get to Leticia is by plane. So, at 10:00 I left in a taxi for the airport and got in by my gate to get on the plane at about 11:00. I met a guy in the same part of the airport who is from the states and is living here in Colombia in Barranquilla, and he is the ward mission leader. Super cool! He served his mission in Buenos Aires about 20 years ago. Then I got on the plane and got here to the heat of Leticia at about 2:00pm. It’s about as hot as Girardot, so I should get used to it quick right?

Elder Ross is staying in CasaBlanca, I’m now with an Elder from my group! His name is Elder Palma, he is from Ecuador and is a super cool guy, we`ve talked a few times since the CCM. And so, I’m back in the heat, now in the middle of the Amazon slicing things with a machete (well, not yet at least). We also have bikes here, so it`ll be cool. 

I’m super sad to have left CasaBlanca, there are so many people there that I will miss, but I know Elder Ross is going to take good care of them. And now I have a new adventure to live. I am still district leader, with only 4 Elders in the district, it`ll be interesting. 

So yeah, that’s pretty much what happened, I’m excited to start meeting the people here of Leticia, and eat some Piranha too!!!


Love,

Elder Kendall

I asked Elder Kendall if he is living in a hut, he says:

Ha-ha, no, but lots of the people do here. We actually have a normal apartment in this super super small apartment complex, but it is SO HOT!! I’m back in Girardot!! XD But yes, we really are in the middle of the Amazon, my companion told me there’s a part of our area where you can find wild monkeys and everything! I will try to send pictures next week, the internet is terrible here and so I actually have 1 and a half hours to write Mondays and sending pictures takes a while!

If you look on the mission map, Leticia is right in the limits of Brazil and Colombia, in fact if you go a block behind the chapel you are already in Brazil!


I circled in blue both Bogota and Leticia... Elder Kendall couldn't have gone further away and still be in the same mission :)  The plane ride from Bogota to Leticia took two hours

No comments:

Post a Comment