Monday, February 13, 2017

La Libertad, I'm Probably Here For a Reason


Hey everybody! This week also went by crazy fast, but it was pretty fun as well. 

So Monday I showed up to the chapel of CasaBlanca which was pretty cool, I even saw my convert Kelly in the chapel when we were waiting for the other missionaries to come! So that was awesome, one of the cool things of being back.

In the zone right now there are two of my past companions, Elder Justiniano and Elder Melendez, and they are both district leaders and so it has been pretty fun here. I’m really happy to be here in La Libertad, this place is pretty much my home in Bogota.

So this week we went around trying to get to know the area since my companion Elder Amato and I are both new here, and we had a lot of help from a wonderful brother named Jose Pineda. He has accompanied us pretty much every day and he knows pretty much everyone, so he was a life saver for us this week. There are some great investigators that we have to work with here, but I don’t have too much time to say too much but I do want to share an experience.

On Sunday we were waiting on a corner of a street waiting for Jose Pineda to come accompany us to an appointment. I was thinking for some reason about why I was in this same zone again and trying to pick out somebody in the crowd to contact. Then passed by a little family that I recognized for some reason and I thought "Where in the world did I see these people before?" Then the mom said "There are the Elders!" and I thought okay I gotta take to this lady and see how I know her. "I said hello and she stopped and said “Are you Elder Kendall?" I said yes, and then I remembered! 

Over a year ago, when I was in Tintal, one night we stopped by to teach Alexandria and Jose (Super cool Investigators) and we found their relatives in their home when we showed up. Their relatives were not very willing to talk to us and said that they were going to go, but Alexandria and Jose told them to join us for a Family Home Evening, and they decided to stay. We explained the Plan of Salvation and little by little the spirit softened their hearts and by the end of the lesson they were really excited and wanted to know more and receive the lessons! But, they lived in another area and so we passed the reference, but the missionaries never passed by and then I left Tintal. That same family is who We happened to find in the street on Sunday, after over a year. And, they live in our area! So, this week we should be able to have another lesson with them and see where it goes. The world is really small, I can’t believe we happened to be right in the right place at the right time. 

God is so good! He works in mysterious ways, who knows what will happen with this family.

That was a cool thing that happened this week.

Love,

Elder Kendall
 
My first night as a zone leader

Super cool chess set I bought in Leticia

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment