Monday, June 5, 2017

Just Keep Swimming...


So this week was pretty cool, we had some good stuff happen with some of the members that are in our area. It also was kind of challenging because we were not able to find very many new people to teach, and we couldn’t get anyone to attend church either and other things that happened in the week. And so to my mind came the little part in "Finding Nemo" when Dory sings "Just keep swimming" and I thought, yeah Elder Kendall, you just gotta keep swimming! 

So that is what we were trying to do, and it was a pretty good week still. On Thursday we had a family home evening with family of members who invited an investigator, and this investigator invited 3 less-active members to come, and some other people showed up and we ended up with about 10 people in the family home evening. So that was pretty fun, we shared a fun message and the members made some empanadas. 

I was also on an exchange this week with an Elder in the other area here in Campiña, Elder Hess. He is a cool guy, from Davis, Utah, and so we had some fun times talking about the mission and all the fun stuff that we have seen. He has about 6 and a half months in the mission, so he has lots of energy. 

This is the last week of the transfer, and so we will see what happens with us here in Campiña! One of the zone leaders, Elder Momberger who is from Utah, finishes the mission this week. It is crazy because when I started the mission in Tintal, he was in my district and my first exchange ever in my mission was with him in Patio Bonito! Time goes by fast!

I'm excited for the time that I have left to serve the Lord and I hope that I can do what He desires of me!

Love,

Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment