Monday, August 28, 2017

Arepas De Huevo and Miracle Baptism!

Guess what?? I got to baptize my last Saturday in the mission field!!!!!


Hey everybody! What's up?
 
Well this week went crazy fast. I don't like it. But it still all goes so fast.
 
This week Elder Cuba and I talked to a ton of people and tried as hard as we could to find some new people to teach. We were able to find a couple of new investigators, but mostly the people that seemed like they were really interested fell through, so we have been walking and searching and praying to find more people to teach. I have faith that this week will be the week that we will find God's chosen. It kind of has to be as well because this week is my last one in the field! 
 
But anyways, We worked really hard and invited everybody to the big activity that we had on Saturday, it was a big Family Home Evening with a food that’s called "Arepa De Huevo" and it is pretty darn tasty! We made in total about 180 arepas, and there were only like 6 left over, and so a ton of members and a bunch of investigators were able to come! It was a lot of fun.
 
Before the activity of "Arepa De Huevo", the sister missionaries had a baptism! Her name is Zaida Ramirez, and she was pretty much a miracle! She attended the church for about 2 years in Bogota, but then she moved to a place here in Ibague, and she came with the desires to be baptized! And to my surprise, the sister missionaries told me that I was going to baptize her! I was not expecting that at all, and was so grateful. I had felt a little sad about how in this time we have not been able to have any investigators progressing toward baptism, and I thought that my opportunities to baptize were going to be over. But God truly gave me a tender mercy. God is very good. He blessed me in my last Saturday as a missionary.
 
Also, this was my last Sunday here in Campiña, and the Branch President also surprised me. He called Elder Jones, Elder Cuba and I to go up for the confirmation of Sister Zaida, and then He said to me "This is your last one". And gave me the opportunity to do the confirmation! And I had to say goodbye and give my testimony to the branch. 
 
I love these people, so much. I have been blessed so much by the hand of the Lord. 
 
Here goes to my last week preaching the word! 
 
Love,
 
Elder Kendall

God let me baptize my last Saturday as a missionary!  God is so good!

We also had a super cool activity with Arepa De Huevo!  It was super fun!!



Brother Bedoya, he is flippin awesome!


Arepa De Huevo (with egg).  It is a thing they love here in Colombia!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment