Monday, October 26, 2015

Let me tell you I am really in Colombia

Okay so first off I got to tell ya about my last week in the CCM.
 
My district got the record for the most references for a district in proselyting!!! My district is amazing!!! We got 128 total references!!! Me and my companion got 30 references in 3 hours. It was one of the coolest things ever!! It was so much fun! We met a guy named Juan Pablo, he is about a year or so older than us. He was really funny, we taught him about the Book of Mormon, and he said "Wait, so you guys are happy with just this book?" We said yeah this book and our church is all we need!! He said " You guys don't drink or party, or get many ladies?" (He spoke English pretty well by the way) We said yeah! He said "But the women!! Guys the women!!" He was funny, I explained how we should have one wife for eternity. He said he would read the Book of Mormon and think about what we said. So cool.
 
A quote from Nacho Libre that we use all the time in the CCM
"You don't think I give a crap about the Gospel, but I dooo."

So I left the CCM, and I really miss my district because they were amazing, but now I am in the Field living the real Mission life!!
 
Let me tell you I am really in Colombia.
 
My new companion is Elder Ichuro, he is a Latino Elder from Bolivia. He speaks virtually no English, we do everything in Spanish. The people here talk really really fast! Most of the time its really hard to understand what is happening when we talk to people or go places. But the people are awesome!! I have met a lot of them, my branch president, the ward mission leader, a bunch of our investigators and members. Church this last Sunday was interesting. I didn't really know what was happening. But it was cool because it was exactly the same as if it was in America, just a lot smaller. My area is called Tintal, and my zone is La Libertad. I'm still in Bogota, but ya know, south!! I also met our district and zone leaders, one of the district leader's name is Elder Momberger. That is really his name.
 
Also, the way we contact sometimes is pretty fun. In Bogota there are like 8 million people or something like that, so a lot of people live in tiny box apartments that are stacked on top of each other, but sometimes people don't live on the bottom floor, there are just the stairs to get to the apartments, and the door to the stairs is always locked. So we can't get to the actual doors of people's homes. So we get a little pebble, and throw it very gently at their window. Then we have a conversation through their window and see if they want to learn more. We have done this a lot, along with other contacting. 
 
Mornings are really difficult, because my brain can't work Spanish, and my companion only speaks Spanish, so pretty much everything in the morning goes over my head, but I am learning.

Also, you'll never believe this, but I used my nail clippers to try and clip my big toe nail, and my toe nail clipper SNAPPED. I have literally grown and Iron toenail, I'm going to have to buy a new one so I can clip it.
 
I have seen some crazy stuff. An Elder the first day leaving the CCM said you see some crazy stuff, like apparently the women here just breast feed right in front of you. I thought, no way!! That can't be true!! But guess what..... I have seen things mom..... Yup that's right, a women in a family we were visiting just whipped it right out and started feeding, so yeah......
 
There has been a lot of stuff that has happened, but I am alive and I am eating food and I love my Area!!!!!

Elder Kendall
 
Me and Hermano Castiblanco

My best buds from the CCM

My new companion
 

No comments:

Post a Comment