Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Transfers, Lack of Turkey, and other such Things

ELLO GOVNA! yeah I just had to get that out of my system, anywho, this week a lot happened, and I don't have any darn pictures with me because I left my camera at our house because I thought I would be writing later. 

Transfers, so my dad and a really awesome Elder Ichuro left today for Florencia, which is like 13 hours away from Bogota. I`m pretty bummed that he has left, it is going to be really different without him. He is a really great Elder and has taught me a lot. My new companion, who hasn't come yet, is Elder Espina, he is from Paraguay and his last area that he was in is Laticia, so that is pretty cool. But he still hasnt come yet, and this week is going to be an interesting one. Since I'm the one that knows the area, I´m going to be leading everything, from who we are going to teach, where we are going to go, I make the calls, lead the way to the houses and lead the daily and weekly planning sessions of what we are going to do. Also, my new companion only speaks Spanish as well, which means that yes, everything is in Spanish, and I am leading it.  I hope that I can do a good job.
 
I have met the president a few times but I haven't talked to him a whole lot. We had a Conference de Zona last tuesday where all the missionaries is Zona Libertad y Kennedy met with the President to listen to him and learn how to be better missionaries. President Baquerizo is amazing. We don't have any senior missionaries, or any North American sister missionaries because they arent allowed to serve in the Bogota South mission. 
 
I have pictures of our ``Thanksgiving,´´ but I don't have my camera so I will have to send them next week. It was sad not having any mashed potatoes or turkey or anything like that, but hey, we did have a 3 liter thing of coke so that was pretty sweet. 
 
Darwin is amazing, and I want to tell you an experience we had with him this Sunday. 
 
We visited with him on Saturday and invited him to church, and he accepted so we made plans to meet him at his house at 9:30, and bring him with us to church. So that Sunday morning we left for his house and we passed by the park on the way to his house when Darwin saw us and called us over. It was the planned time of 9:30 and we talked for a little bit, then we asked if he was ready to go with us to church. But he said that he was waiting for a friend to come and couldnt come with us to church. We were pretty sad at this, but we told him how church didnt start till 10, and he could still come and meet us at the church when he was done with his friend. He said that he would try. So we left, feeling sad and not super optomistic that he would come. Also this Sunday I gave a talk, about the sacrifice of all things, which was pretty awesome, anyways, we where in the chapel, and 10 came and went, and no Darwin. So we went through sacrament meeting, and I went up and started my talk(in spanish). xD 
 
About halfway through, I saw my companion leave the chapel, and I thought, weird im giving my talk and my companion just left the chapel. But when he returned I saw that Darwin was with him. He came. So he was able to hear the rest of my talk and attend the whole 3 hours of church. He is really progressing and I truly believe that if he keeps this path he is going to be baptized this month. He is reading and praying and he is believing, and to watch that process is absolutly an amazing experience. 
 
My week has been crazy, with a new companion and all this. Other stuff too, but I don't have all that much time.  As Christmas is coming up, I know how important family will be and I hope you guys all enjoy the snow!!! 
 
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Love, love to much lovey love love,
 
Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment