Monday, February 8, 2016

5 months in Colombia, 5 Months of Goodness

I don't know how the time has been passing so quickly, it's like we just get started with our studies in the morning and then I blink and we´re already shutting off the lights and turning on the fans to head to sleep..... SUPER RAPIDO! 
 
I have no words to say on the Broncos winning the Super Bowl except, lamesauce time 10.
But wow good for the Panthers having a season like that. I MISS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!
 
This week I was still having problems with my stomach and so I wasn't able to work for a few days because I was always in and out of the bathroom as soon as I ate anything. But I was able to go to the doctors and he was super chill, checked my stomach for about 20 seconds and then told me to take this medicine and that was it. So, I've been doing that and right now I feel a whole lot better, and we´re working like normal. 
 
I wasn't able to visit Jorge this week for my stomach and he didn't show up to church this week.... Kinda dissapointing, we will have to push his baptism date back to March. But the last time we talked to him he was still willing to change and as long as he continues in this path toward baptism it's all good in the hood!!!! 
 
We have been working with some of the less active members and recent converts to ask for them to present us to people to teach, and it has been working really nice! Right now we are teaching Christopher which is the cousin of the guy that we just recently activated that I sent a photo of. He is 13 years old and has come to church twice already, and we are teaching him the lessons, he is going to be baptized on the 20th of February!!!! We are working to have Leonardo, his cousin, to baptize him, its going to be an awesome experience. 
 
Another family that we have been working with called the Herrera Family are doing good as well, my companion Elder Justiniano and his previous companion started meeting with them and they really love the missionaries and the Church!! There are the parents, Janner and Leidy, they have 2 kids, but only one of them is the son of both of them, his name is Dylan. The other is a son of only Leidy and is named Brian. They arent married, which is what we´re working on, the brother Janner already has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and knows that the church is true, he is amazing!! Leidy is who we are working with more, because until recently she didnt want to get married and so they couldn't progress and be baptized. But, we went there on Saturday to kinda give them a Lesson of YOU NEED TO CHOOSE NOW!!! but when we got there Janner told us that Leidy had a change of heart and while talking to one of the members said that she wants to get married!!! SUPER EXCITING!!!! This is really the only thing holding them back from baptism. The only problem is is that they want to get married in about 3 or 4 months, which is really far away but we are working with that.
 
I have been using my calender, its flippin awesome!!! I love all the super cheesy jokes.
 
It's hard here but we are working and we have some promising things to come in these next few weeks. Also in 2 weeks its already the transfers again, super fast.
 
I had a dream about football and Coach Cristiansen giving one of his awesome pep talk things and other football stuff that I dont remember, but it was awesome!! 
 
Lots of love for Coach Ken!!!!! Tell him that he knows I probably be dying if I played rugby! HAHA
 
HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Kendall
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment