Monday, June 6, 2016

Elder Rasband in the TEMPLE!!!!

So, there was a ton of stuff that went on this week, so I'm only going to be able to talk about the highlights. 

Elder Rasband!!!!!! What can I say? I testify that he is truly an apostle of Jesus Christ and that he has been chosen as such with the proper authority by the Prophet of God! It really was amazing, so very many things I learned from him. So much fun, and I got to shake his hand as well! It's pretty nerve-racking to shake the hand of an apostle, but him, and also his wife, are super nice and you can feel the love of the Lord through them. Also, today when we were leaving the temple today, Elder Rasband showed up for a session!!!! So I got to shake his hand again as he was entering the temple and that was just the perfect way to end an amazing trip to the Temple!!! So good!!!! Just wonderful time. Then we ended by going to McDonalds! After nine months I finally went, and also ate the first Big-Mac I've ever had in my whole life. It was pretty good but I like the nuggets better.

Lots of cool stuff as district leader, I had my first district meeting on Tuesday and I talked about the Atonement and how we can use the Book Of Mormon to answer questions of the soul. I think it went pretty well, we did some sweet practices that got some people excited to use the Book of Mormon more. 

My first week here in Casa Blanca was pretty good. We weren't able to have anybody attend church which was rough, and we need to find lots of new investigators. I think the Lord wants me to get really good at finding... like REALLY good, because I'm always having to do it!!! XD There's lots of work to do here and we will see how it goes.

One of the things that I loved about what Elder Rasband taught us is that we can never see the future as missionaries and we will never know what kind of impact will our actions have on the people here. So maybe I'm here to plant the seeds into the peoples lives so that later on they can be harvested, and if that's my part in this great work, I'm happy to do it. I know that even if we don't have immediate success if we don't give up we will see the fruits of our labors someday.

Lots of good stuff, and I loved this week!! I love this great work!!!  Just know that this is seriously the best life to be livin'!
All my love,

Elder Kendall
For P-day we went to a military museum

This helicopter rules!


Guess what??  I found a Stallion!

This is my first day here in Casa Blanca.  My new companion in the middle and on the left is an Elder from my district who is training and was with us the first day until he could pick up his "son"

Recent convert from Tintal that I found when we went to the temple today!! Douglas!!!!


My companion Elder Karra and me at the temple

More of the museum, they had some pretty legit stuff!!



These are from last Monday when my bus broke down on the way to Bogota so I took some photos of some cows...


No comments:

Post a Comment